Turns out, I love photography. Lesley was nice enough to let me come snap some candids at her wedding on Saturday. Most of all, I loved taking the cute Bjorkman girls photos. I want to be a children's photographer - in the photojournalist style.
I've thought lots of starting a business over the last 7 years.
Making cards?
Takes too much time... and I'm not patient enough to make multiple of one design unless I have to.
Craftiness?
Matt DID buy me a Cricut for Christmas last year. I totally love it, but not sure I want to do something down this vein. (Lisa made these tags. I can't take credit... but she made them with my cricut and paper!)
I even thought about doing a sewing tote bags business after Lisa/Dottie taught me how...

But, I don't have the patience to sew bag upon bag upon bag... and when they turn out oh-so-cute, I think I need one too. (Which I don't.)
But Children's PHOTOGRAPHY. I think I've hit upon something here. I love working with kids and catching their personality "on film" (though mostly digitally these days). I'm ever inspired by Rebecca Mudrick's blog (Jared and Mary's friend).
Here are some of my favorites from our photo shoot. First of the twins Abby and Savy:








I love this sepia set with Jocelyn:






Lastly... I can't leave without a few pics from the wedding!





On that vein... I'm investigating this little love of mine further. I'm especially interested in shooting pics of newborns and other young'uns. If you live in or around me and would let me practice by having a little photo shoot of your kids, please let me know!
11 comments:
Marci--you have totally found your niche!! Some of the pics you took at our wedding are among my favs because of the emotions you catch! You're welcome to shoot our girl(s) anytime :)
I am totally impressed... makes me wish I had some cute kids for you to photograph :) I'll have to have you give me some pointers next time I see you.
you've got the talent, stick with it and good luck! can't wait to see more posts of photo shoots
You are getting so good at that! You are welcome to shoot my Ethan anytime (and baby Edward when he comes too!)
-Mia
Marci...open invitation to come shoot photos of Caroline! We are very impressed with your work!--Becky and Tim
Well, Marse... if you're looking for babies to practice on, I've got a whole herd it feels like! I mean seriously, those pictures are incredible! If I wasn't so poor I'd pay you to take pictures like that of my kids! Maybe we could work out some kind of bartering... pictures for cookies or something like that! What do you say? :)
Marse, these are incredibly beautiful. I am so impressed! You never cease to amaze me.
Marse, these are incredibly beautiful. I am so impressed! You never cease to amaze me.
Marci~ if you are ever out in Utah visiting Lisa pleae let me know. My little crew LOVES to get their picture taken!
YES!!!!!! MARCI MARCI MARCI. THIS IS IT. I'll totally buy your prints. (...and I'll brag about how I'm related to you, and how I saw your pictures on your blog before you were famous...) REALLY. MARCI. DO IT. So many times I've seen pictures you've taken and I've been like "wow, she's good." DO IT. YES YES YES.
Jane W
and yet another sign that you should move to colorado... i happen to know two really cute little girls who love to ham it up in front of the camera, and one of them is bald and chubbier than ever!!
you've got a skill there, young lady. nice work!
Post a Comment