Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Deeeeeeeee-licious Pancakes


These pancakes were so good that I had to post the recipe here as well as on my allergy blog.

This recipe is actually AMAZINGLY GOOD. (Thanks, Jen!) I will make it again and again just because I thought it was so tasty. Z gobbled it up too as did the rest of us. The recipe is doubled so that I had panckaes leftover to freeze for another day. It definitely has a strong deliciously cinnamon taste.

Dairy-free, Egg-free, Nut-free Pancakes
(Don't let that title scare you. Let's just call them
DEEEEEEEEEEE-LICIOUS PANCAKES)

2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 c. soymilk
4 T oil
3 T water, 3 T oil, 2 tsp baking powder mixed together
1 tsp vanilla

Whisk together first six ingredients in large bowl and set aside.
In a separate bowl combine water/oil/baking powder mixture. Then add soymilk, oil, and vanilla.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
Cook in a pan sprayed with PAM or using dairy free margarine

This is the first time I have made this. I definitely plan on messing the the recipe a bit. I am going to try substituting whole wheat flour for the white flour, adding a little flax, substituting applesauce for the 4T of oil, and throwing in diced apples.

2 comments:

EmmaLee said...

Marci, I am so impressed, although not surprised with how amazing you are about all of this. Bob's sisters little girl is allergic to a lot of things, and I always say that I would rather have a baby with a cleft that will be repaired than an allergy that I would have to deal with forever. I do not envy you, but I do know you are one of the best mom's for the job. Z is a lucky boy!

Jenny said...

Oh, I'm so so so glad that something I sent helped! I'm going to try them myself now that I know they were so delish. And, I do the same thing...throw flax in a little of everything, wheat flour all the way...and who needs oil when you have applesauce?!:) Little tricks of the trade. Marse, you're so great. I love you!