Friday, July 03, 2009

A Tale of Two Eaters

Hello. My name is Sam. And I am a horribly picky eater.

Usually when you give me ANY food (and I mean just about ANY food), my reaction is something like this...
But I'm good at trying foods. I usually spit them out but every now and then we find something I thought I hated but that I really like. It's pretty rare.
My most recent quote? "I want water for dinner. Mom - I don't like eating." I do like eating smores though. (and any chocolate)

Hello. My name is Zack. And I will eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING...
especially what you are eating.

But, food has been a matter of concern for me.Usually it makes me feel like this...
Or this...

And often like this. (Plus, my disgusting diarrhea diapers that happen once an hour have been putting my parents on edge.) But good news... We found that I have milk, egg, and peanut allergies!
So I am feeling a bit better.

We're so glad to finally discover what is bothering this little guy... and yet the thought of being an allergy parent is somewhat daunting. Any recipes, cookbooks, sources, etc for cooking milk, egg, and nut free???
We're searching over here... open to ANY AND ALL tips!

10 comments:

bbond said...

talk with Kristin - she's a master of such needs.

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Oh, poor Zack! There are a lot of vegan recipe websites and blogs that might have some good ideas. Here's one you might like: http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2005/12/es-kid-friendly-recipes.html.

Lisa Michelle said...

Great post, Bark. Hilarious pics. Sophie loved it, too. :)

Ashley said...

Marci,
So when my Andrew was diagnosed with peanut and walnut allergies, I thought the same thing--I never thought I would have to be a parent that has to check labels on Halloween candy!! :) I only have to deal with nuts, which are usually pretty avoidable-- I feel your pain about the others though--wow! I wish you the best of luck and wish I knew more recipes or websites...

Em Russ said...

oh no!!!

Jenny said...

Oh bummer. I have no suggestions, but those pictures were pretty great. Good talking to you...sorry I had to cut it short. I'll call you this week.

Theo Fam said...

My friend's daughter had those same allergies and is now 5 and has outgrown most of them, with the exception of the nuts. I'll ask her and get back to you. Oh, and if I forget, you can e-mail me and remind me at theodosis.mail@gmail.com --Allison THeodosis

Melissa said...

On the eighth day God created Oreos, and said that they were good.

Danette said...

oh man. that totally stinks. i am so so sorry! but hey, you found what was bothering him and that is great! i don't have these issues with my kids so i am of no help, but you will be great.

Cassi said...

Aaaaah! Right now I am going dairy free because I think Wes has an allergy. I pray he outgrows it. But I also have realized that you get used to it and and there are substitutes out there. Good luck! Poor guy, and just your luck that your picky eater is fine and your good eater you now have to be picky with...sigh.