Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The Big Wedding


So... it's been a while... so long in fact that I could probably get away with not posting this. Except for the fact that it was my VERY OWN SISTER'S WEDDING.

Yep. Melissa and Mike sealed the deal (quite literally) on Aug 1. Some of you know that Melissa married my sister-in-law's younger brother. Get that? Matt's brother's wife's brother.
(Yep. It's a triagular thing that seems incestuous when you think about it but in reality, is not at all.)


We're excited for you Bel and Supermick!

The day began for us at a Romney reunion activity... and then I rushed home to do Bel's hair. My cousin Adrienne reminded me that I've done several up-dos for weddings now... including hers! I had completely forgotten!
Coming out of the temple.

I don't know what it is, but I really like this picture. Bel just looks so happy.Smile for the cameras. All of them!

And now, for me.
Hugging the now mother-in-law.

The girls holding the train. Mike with all the "train girls"Our side of the wedding party. Yep. That's me squished in behind Jake. Who looks like my husband in this picture. Who placed these people anyway? :)
Bel and Mike during more pics.Smiling for pictures nonstop gets to you after a while.
Some of the key players. Matt and little Z
T-Rav. Mike rocking the bouquet. Nice, Mike. Looks good.
A classic. Leese and Jake with possibly the biggest smile I've EVER SEEN.
Zack was just about done with hanging around the temple grounds.
So, we headed to the reception. Where this little fam pic happened with the bride and groom. Lovely reception site too.

And this is what was REALLY going on in the background of all the pics.
Matt and Zman again. Mom and Dad after the line ended. Lindsey with her Hermione Granger hair. I think we captured the wavy looseness pretty well. (HI LINDZ! I KNOW YOU READ THIS SOMETIMES! :) )
The tux boys. Well, Sam had on a suit, but he told me that "I sure look sharp.... just like Daddy and Jake."and Matt and me.
Sam got a little bit bored though...So he and his cousin Soph had to bust the moves.Check out this face. Love it.
And everyone was so completely EXHAUSTED after the reception that we all fell asleep in the car on the way back home. Or at least the little ones did. Happy One month and three days, Bel and Mike!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey! That's me! You probably could have gotten away with waiting to blog about this wedding-ness for a while longer, considering how I haven't blogged about it either... but whatev.

I gotta admit, my fav pic in the whole post is the one of Travioli. =D

Thanks for the post Marse. You're a total fox.

MaryM said...

We can relate to the last picture! Our favorite pic, however was of Mel and Marse trying to get the kids to smile! Or maybe Sam and Soph cuttin' the rug.

Lisa Michelle said...

So, if you're married to Jake in that picture, then who is Matt married to? ...Dad??? harharhar :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Melissa... what a gorgeous bride!!

weller14 said...

sam's dance moves...aka robot moves...look amazing.

OnCallMom said...

that picture of Sam busting a move is quite possible the cutest thing I've ever seen!!