March 14. 37 1/2 week doctor's appointment in the afternoon. I arrived with hospital bag in tow because I had a feeling this baby would be born that day or the next. Why? Well because as I suspected and found out at the appointment, I was dilated to a 6 but not contracting. And friends - that's considered active labor with or without contractions. So, my doctor kindly let me wait until the next morning (instead of rushing me over to the OR) to have this baby via c-section. I hurried home, arranged babysitting and whatever else I could, and tried to get a good night's rest before...
March 15. Arrived at the hospital at 5:45am. They pumped me full of fluids via my IV (hence the puffy face in the following pics. Alas...), and a few hours later Eliza was born. Let me tell you. Having gone down the emergency c-section route twice now, this scheduled business is the way to go. Surgery was much calmer. Recovery was much easier. Huzzah.
Bring on the pics.

First time with little Eliza. I couldn't wait to hold her. (Drat those c-sections for that reason!)

Finally holding my baby girl. (See comment above about puffy face.)

Matt with her after he administered her first bath.

Meeting her brothers. Zack LOVES Eliza... sometimes a little too much.

And meeting Sam.

Grandma came by of course.

And Grandpa

These boys are such good big brothers.

And so sweet with her.

Welcome little Eliza!
More tomorrow. I figure if I pace myself with one post per day for a little while, maybe I'll actually do this blogging thang. Maybe. :)
3 comments:
Congratulations Romney Family! And welcome little Eliza! Sending hugs from NC.
Woah, is this two whole posts in a row?!?? I love all the pictures. Especially the one of S and Z looking at Ellie Bel. Suuu-weet, baby.
Congratulations Marci and Matt! We are happy for your family.
Post a Comment