Saturday, January 20, 2007

Five Things...

Lisa "tagged" me to do this, so here ya go. (By the way, the word "tagging" reminds me of gangbangers...)

FIVE THINGS You May Not Know About Me

1 - My mood depends on the cleanliness of my kitchen. No joke. Just ask Matt. My whole house could be a disaster, everything falling apart, but if my kitchen's clean... life's a peach.

2 - Following in my brother Jake's example (just ask him about Anken Ern), I have invented my own language. It's based loosely on Spanish, but Matt calls it Marseltongue. Comprehendado?

3 - I LOVE Ricky Martin music. Having just made myself "Marci's ULTIMATE xxx" cd compilations, Ricky Martin appears in both the Marci's ULTIMATE Random Hits #2 and (multiple times on) Marci's ULTIMATE Dance in the Kitchen. One of my favorite get up and go songs is La Bomba. Matt especially loves it when I sing along in Marseltongue.

4 - My best friends in Boston right now are 12-18 year old girls - and particularly the laurels. Truly. I finally came to full realization of this at our last mutual activity - ice skating on Frog Pond downtown. Simple fact is that I see them more often than any of our other friends here!!

5 - I know every single word to Ernie and Bert's Greatest Hits CD - and I often turn it on for me, not Sam. Matt thinks these lyrics are particularly true for our relationship:
Ernie: "I like to lie awake in bed at night and talk to you."
Bert: "I like to say goodnight, and go to sleep."

I'll let you guess who's Ernie and who's Bert...

2 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

HAHAHHA - GREAT list, Marse. You and Jake should get together and write a dictionary for Anken Ern and Marseltongue.

ps - nice photo of Frog Pond!

pss - I want to hear the Bert & Ernie cd when we come to visit!

Boston Paynes said...

I love it !! You are right, I didn't know most of those things about you. I am ashamed to say I too sing along to Jaden's Playhouse Disney show tunes. What did we ever do before kids?