
My fabulous grandmother passed away on Thursday. I can't say it any better than my mom or my sister. Suffice it to say that Grandma was the most generous, kind, compassionate, humble, most wonderful woman in the world. I loved her delicious spread of food all the time (egg salad, desserts of all varieties, lots of butter on everything...), her cute ways of showing how much she loves me (tucking a couple 20 dollar bills in my pocket each time I saw her while I was in college or mailing me random packages as surprises with knit slippers, jelly beans, etc), and how she always thought of others first. I will miss her lots.
I love you Grandma!
My favorite recent pic of Gma. Melissa takes after Grandma quite a bit - can't you tell??? From her fabulous coloring (that none of the rest of us inherited!) to cheekbones, smile, etc...

Out to dinner with Aunt Sandi and Uncle Phil and co...

With Sam.
5 comments:
Cute pics - I was wishing I had some other ones when I did my post. Cute little Grandma!
So sorry to hear about your grandma. Like I commented to Lisa, you know how much I loved those slippers of hers. Are you traveling this week for the funeral? If not, let me know if you want to get together.
What a gorgeous lady. I, too, remember the fabulous slippers.
You're right about how much Mel and Beth look alike. That's amazing that you have such fantastic pictures fairly close to the end of her life. She was an awesome example to all of us! Good luck with the funeral details. Remind your Mom to send me a program and obituary!
So that's who Melissa looks like...I can't believe the similarities.
That was a nice tribute post to wonderful lady.
(ps. I don't think the dish washing experiment worked out for me)
Post a Comment