Sunday, May 09, 2010

Priceless in Primary

At church, I work with the Primary... which consists of kids age 3 - 11. We do various activities with them for the last two hours of church including breaking into classes, singing time and sharing time - which is basically the lesson and activity.

I was in charge of sharing time today. So... I had 5 women (who were moms of kids in primary) be our Mom Panelists and stand behind the rolling chalkboard. I hung a sheet on the bottom so the kids couldn't see them at ALL. Then, we had each child ask the panel a question like "What's your favorite color?" and the moms would answer it. I had lots of prepared questions the kids could use or they could just ask any question they come up with. Most of the kids used my prepared questions.

ANYWAY. We went oldest to youngest. On the last child, cute little Matthew who just turned four and you still sometimes can't understand what he's saying, Matt told me that he already had a prepared question.

I said, "Okay, go ahead and ask it."
Little Matt said, "What's your favorite color of bakkem?"
I said, "Bakkem? Hmmm... Can you say that again?"
Matt - "What's your favorite color of bakkem?"
Me - "Bakkem? What's that?"
Matt - "You know. BAKKEM. It sucks dirt."
Me - "Vacuum?"
Matt - "YAAAAAH! Bakkem!"
So I said, "Oooooooookay Mom Panelists! Our last question is WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR OF VACUUM???"

Hilarious, ehhhhh? Yep. That's primary for you. You just never know what's going to happen and it's usually highly entertaining.
So, what's your favorite color?

4 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

The color that sucks up dirt the best!

Tiffany J said...

Lisa...AMEN! LOL Gotta love primary! (Cute idea too Marci!)

MaryM said...

Would love a purple one. Was Matthew's Mom one of the Mom's behind the rolling chalkboard?

corinne said...

totally adorable. i like the yellow one in this post.
so when are we going to see you guys? geez!