
So - here's my story. Normal morning, normal breakfast, normal goodbye to hubby as he leaves for work, normal clean up Sam, normal get Sam out of high chair, normal start to clear the table.
Here's where the normalcy ends.
I'm clearing the breakfast dishes and suddenly feel like I stepped on something sharp between my big toe and my 2nd toe. But... it's getting worse, hurting more, like glass or something? I'm confused. I look down...
THERE'S A BUMBLEBEE BETWEEN MY TOES THAT IS STINGING ME!!!
I throw the dishes in the sink, start screaming and turning in circles, hopping on one foot with the bumblebee foot swinging in the air. (Aside - Sam thinks this is funny and starts copying me...). The bee finally decides it has better things to do and buzzes off.
I grab Sam, run into the office, and slam the door.
...where I promptly look up treatment for a beesting. And THEY HURT. Worse than I remember.
Then I plant Sam in front of Sesame Street, grab a magazine and wind it up as my weapon of choice, muster all my courage and go on the attack.
"I'm squishing up a baby bumblebee...." I came off victorious.
3 comments:
It's not funny but the image of you being in so much pain and Sam copying your frantic movements made me smile. I hope you 'put your feet up' for the rest of the day:>
Ha Ha Ha!! See, this is why I check your blog every day! For funny stories like this that just make me laugh out loud!!! (Notice all my exclamation marks-I've used them all on purpose!!!) I wish I could have seen Sam imitating your little dance. I am, however, a little disappointed that we didn't get a picture of your squashed bumblebee!!! ;) Maybe next time!!
and... I am sorry that you got stung by a bee. My first comment was slightly insensitive of your pain. I am sure it hurt like crazy. My mom always said to put mud on it (what did your internet search say?)
Post a Comment