Monday, August 27, 2007

Some People I Miss... and Sam's Adventures

First... some people that I miss dearly right now. Allie, Laura, and Britlyn and the wonderful Dawsons. Sam especially misses Millie. :)






Sam's been busy with his favorite things... reading books, playing with his cars and trucks and train (basically lining them up and then moving them somewhere else and lining them up again), "helping" with dishes on his new stepstool, playing in the laundry basket, and playing with my sunglasses. Matt thinks they look hilarious on Sam (and on me, but I ignore that...).








Lastly... Matt decided to create his own "FLOWBEE". Yep.. here he has attached our Wahl buzzer to the vacuum... His verdict? It worked fine, but not great. Maybe the real flowbee is better...



"STOP TAKING PICTURES OF ME MOM AND GET ME OUT OF THIS CRIB!!!"

3 comments:

Em Russ said...

Awww, I miss all those people too! Cute pictures of everyone! I think your sunglasses are cute (especially on Sam) and Johnny thinks the flowbee was a good idea...

Alicia said...

Matt and Marci -

This is Alicia Buchanan. I check in on your blog from time to time from Kamber's blog. Your little boy is SOOOOOO very cute. I had to comment on the flowbee though. That cracked me up. How creative and very brave to actually hook a buzzer and vacuum to your hair. My dad has an actual flowbee that he ordered by mail probably 15 years ago. It still works and I think everyone in our family has had their hair cut by it. It is quite the invention and a huge favorite with the boys in our family. Keep on trying!

Eliza said...

Marci, I didn't even realize you had a blog until I saw the link on Emily's blog. So, I started scrolling and exploring and ended up crying when I saw the picture of Millie and when you mentioned that Sam is missing her. We all miss you guys too. I think, at this point, Millie is the most vulnerable, for the first few days she kept asking to go "home" and when I told her we were home she would say, "NO! Millie's home." I know she would melt into a puddle of joy to have the chance to play with her friend Sam. She has had lots of attention lately from grandparents and aunts and uncles _ but I sense she misses her little pals - like her sweet Sam man.

Just FYI we are unpacked and have even started stripping wall paper and painting rooms. Translation - come on down! We are ready for *you, baby! (*anyone who is reading this and happens to know us :) We would love to have you! And NYC is always sending out it's siren song!

By the way - incredible pics of Sam pottering around the house(and I esp. LOVED the photos of your nieces at the wedding - I wish I could see more photos of that wedding), your trip with your fam looked like such fun, and please tell Matt I think his flowbee rules.