For now, here are our Halloween Happenings so far. (To be updated after this weekend!)
Sam and I made some decorations for our house. Aren't we festive?

Then we threw in a few things I already had to complete the decor.

And, we hung up signs to help Sam learn how to tell time.
Last Saturday, we carved pumpkins. Sam LOVED it. Those cool little kits make it so that an almost 4-year-old can do it too. We did a silly one and a pirate one, by request of course. We're going to be PIRATES for Halloween.


As soon as we were done, we ran over to this cool playground until our play was cut short.

Z loves this playground because he can DO IT BY HIMSELF! What a lovely thing that is. He walks over, climbs up, and slides down this slide backwards all by himself! Then, repeat an infinite number of times until someone decides that it's time to go.


(I love this pic of Z. Such a cute chubbalicious face. Notice the wings. We really need to cut his hair!)Sam experimented with all sorts of different ways to go down slides - upsidedown, superman style, on his back, with Zack, and holding hands!

They actually were helping to pull each other down the slide in that picture of them holding hands. Why? Because it had started raining and the slide was just wet enough to make your clothes stick to it, but not wet enough to SLIDE.
Last time down - it was REALLY RAINING and time to go!

Then, yesterday, Sam and I made 4 dozen cupcakes for the cupcake walk at our Trunk or Treat tonight.
While I was doing some of the prep work, I let the boys watch a show to get them out of the way and out of trouble. Sam loves sitting with Zack like this when they sit next to each other. Zack's never so sure...

We had fun decorating the cupcakes though. Move over So Cupcake and Mini's! Check these out. My kitchen was a MESS afterwards, but it was worth it.

These are some of my favorites: the bug-eyed bugs, the jack-o-lanterns of course, the spider, the silly monster, and everyone's favorite wizard.

Can't wait to eat them! Happy Halloween Weekend!
8 comments:
1) I was going to make cupcakes for a Halloween party. I could never make awesome cupcakes like you did.
2) Zack can walk?!?!?!!?
3) The wings are awesome, do NOT cut them. Zack is definitely the "shag" haircut guy.
the cookies look so good, dang, jealous!
Holy Cow, Marse -- you are busy in that kitchen!! Those cupcakes are so cute! And it's also so cute to see Zack walking! I am dying to see pics of your pirate outfits -- ARGH!!!
SO much fun in your house! I want to come over!! Those cupcakes are adorable and I must give you mad props for not doing the "store bought" thing that soooo many do! The boys are growing up so fast! I hardly recognized Zack! MAN! They sure are cute too!
classic marci/martha: decorations, cupcakes extraordinare... geez! we really need to get the boys together to play. where is that fabulous playground pray tell?
Woa! Hello cupcakes! THose are amazing. I love your decorations! Especially the pumpkins wiht glasses. Pretty awesome. I have those iron pumpkins iwth the candle...I love them. And I love that I can keep them up through Thanksgiving too.
Hello festive. The HP cupcake is my fav. My other fav is Sam's "Be Green" shirt- that shirt totally deserves a post of it's own. Hillar.
Look at your super cute and yummy looking Halloween treats. I'm coming to your house next year !!
Post a Comment