I watched a friend's three kiddos today. Let me tell you... I was EXHAUSTED when they left. These three are some of the most fun kids out there, and very well-behaved. They play together well, and play well with Sam. We went to the park and then back to our house for a while. No major incidents and everyone got along great. Why was I so exhausted, you might ask? Well... let me tell you.
The oldest, we'll call her Jane, is a little chatterbox. Not only does she talk nonstop, but she periodically checks for comprehension. If you fail this check, which I did several times, she gets quite upset and talks more, more quickly, and much more loudly. As if speed and volume will help me ignore the other three children and give her my 100% attention...
Despite the chagrin at being called out by a 4 year old, I doggedly tried to listen to her speed-of-light stream of consciousness while getting snacks for two of them and holding Sam who is quite clingy these days. I was quite relieved when they left and all I had here in our little house was Sam and his "dugga dugga dugga doodenaaaaaaay."
It reminded me of something my visiting teacher said last visit. The first 18 months of having a child is easy. They invade your physical space in lots of ways, but you can think about anything you want to all day long. It's when they invade your mental AND physical space that life becomes much more tiring.
So, dugga dugga dugga and good night... (hope Matt comes home soon...)
Here's a few pics just for good measure... Some from the laurels activity we had where we all helped to cut Laura's hair (- and nope. I'm not sporting a new hairstyle. Just holding that little hair clip in my hair until I needed it next.) and some from Sunday.






2 comments:
ehh dugga dugga dugga duggitda. (that was for Sam - he'll understand what I mean)
Nice pics - and I like the new-hairdo-that's-not. It looks cute! Sorry to hear about Matt's late nights. Bad news bears. At least Harry Potter is there to keep you company...
So you probably didn't know I had stumbled onto your blog (thanks to Cassi for the lead) but it is hilarious and I love it. I won't give away the identity of little "Jane" but I understand your exhaustion!
I knew Laura's hair was adorable... I just didn't know you were responsible! I need to organize my life and make a hair appointment again! (It hasn't been cut since you did it like a year and a half ago... hmmm do I have twins?!!) Too bad I can't "apparate" over!
Love the blog. (Sorry for the long comment!)
Post a Comment