Friday, June 29, 2007

SNOW CONES!!! and taking pictures for the blog

Despite Lisa's unmitigated requests for more posts and the fact that I take a bajillion pictures, I just yesterday pulled out my camera to capture a memory for the sole reason of posting on this blog. All the previous pics I've taken are either for other reasons entirely or for more reasons than just to post on my blog.

Enter Snow Cone Night with Gaylynn.

One of my friends (Gaylynn) whose hubby's flight back to Boston was delayed for several hours last night called me to get together. Luckily enough, I too was going to be alone last night since Matt was "burning the midnight oil" at work. We had a yummy dinner and played games.

Gaylynn also brought a surprise treat. She had found a forgotten wedding present in her basement and brought it over to try. A SNOW CONE MAKER complete with a selection of syrup flavors! We had to make our snowcones in the living room since Sam was already asleep... but they were AWESOME! I haven't had one of those in years!

And you know what it reminded me of just perfectly???

SUN RIVER.

Come on... I know some of you reading know JUST what I mean. That little stand that was by the candy store? Yep. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm.

Razzle Dazzle Blue Raspberry perfection.





5 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

Oh Bark, you're just so cute in your new shirt. :) I wore the green striped one yesterday and it is SO c-u-t-e! But excuse me, when have I recently bothered you for a new post??? Though you did earn 10 points for excellent usage of the word, "unmitigated." Must be that whole living-with-a-lawyer thing. ;) Snowcones look delish!
ps- I know you won't believe me, but I actually had to strain my memory to recall the snowcone stand at Sun River. The candy shop (read: Jelly Bellies) and the stationary store were taking up about 99% of my Sun River memories.

Lisa Michelle said...

pss - your new blog look totally threw me! Nice job.

Lesley said...

lisa michelle, you may have lost the sunriver snow cone vibe, but marci, you've got to know I'm still livin' that dream. I could almost recollect a tiny taste of one from that very corner station as I was reading the el-blog-o.

Too bad we couldn't squish a little sunriver run into the wedding weekend huh.

Oliver said...

Wishing I had a sno-cone machine in this summer heat. Great new template for the blog

Boston Paynes said...

Love the new look of the blog. I wish I had your snow cone maker out here. I heard its supposed to be 117 on Wednesday... YUCK !! I also love your new hair cut. You look great !!