
Sam hasn't slept much at all since our trip to Utah over New Years. In fact, while we were in SLC, he was a horrible sleeper. That's to be expected though. He never sleeps well away from home.
However, he usually makes up for it when we get back.
Not so, not so.
Matt and I have decided it's separation anxiety. Sam will wake up screaming in the middle of the night and be awake for hours on end. No amount of letting him "cry it out" seems to work, although it has always worked in the past.
The only thing that seems to work is if Matt or I stay in his room until he falls back asleep. This wouldn't actually be so bad except that it takes about 2 hours.
After weeks of no sleep, I finally caved last night and let Sam sleep with me in our bed while Matt slept on the couch. (This is always a bad idea.)
The result? Sam slept. I didn't. I'm now going on 4 hours of sleep per night for about 10 consecutive nights. Shortly after Lisa B had her 6th baby, she jokingly asked me, "Does anyone die from this job? I am sooooo tired!"
I'm starting to take her seriously...
Any sleeping advice??? I don't have time to be tired with all this moving, buying a house, packing, arranging for selling cars, etc stuff going on!!! HELP.
5 comments:
Too funny Marci. I'm looking forward to having those experiences for myself soon! I hope everything calms down for you. Good luck with all of the packing and moving arrangements. I'm so excited for you. I'll have to let you know next time we come up to Utah.
It could be night terrors Marci. I don't remember how old Sam is, but by the pictures, he looks like he's about at that age where he could start having them. I don't have too much experience in that dept if that is what it is, but do have some friends who have had kids with them. I had them a lot when I was really little.
I don't have much advice on the sleeping problem but we sure are excited to hear the Romney fam is moving out to Utah!!! good luck with the move and a sleepless sam.
-Mere
Jaden also had night terrors but hers started when she was about 6 months old and only lasted for a few months. She would be screaming uncontrollable for a good 30-45 minutes before she would recognize that we were her parents. But when she was older she did go through not sleeping well through the night. We ended up getting a twin bed and put it in her room & we would sleep in her room on the bed & as long as she could see us from her crib she would go back to sleep most of the time. It was nice because we could all get some sleep. She is now sleeping in the big girl bed and occationally Brad and I have had to sleep with her in there, no fun. I am also a big fan of a little dose of tylenol before they go down, sometimes that helps. Good Luck !! By the way when are you moving?
Something that I have found helps my kids is getting some lavendar oil and rubbing just a little bit of it under their nose before they go to sleep. It is calming and relaxing. Of course every child is different, so good luck! And if you can, if Sam is still taking naps, make sure you nap at the same time!
Post a Comment