Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thanks, Mitt.

Of all the reporters, phone calls, mailings, congratulations, suggestions, rants and raves and other random things that we've received from those Mitt fans and enemies who mistakenly think that Matt's name is Mitt or that he lives here or who knows what...

This one is the BEST.

I just got home from Costco today and there was a package sitting on my doorstep. Yep. An 18 inch long, FIVE POUND Hershey's chocolate bar with the inscription on it (see below). On the outside of the box was the gift message from the sender... "If able, please give to Mitt." (ummm... wouldn't you just send it to his home or campaign HQ or something???)



Mitt, if you don't mind too much, I think we'll savor this one for all the trouble we've gone through living in the same small town (and sharing the same last name) as you over the past 6 years you've been both governor and running for president. (And for those of you just wondering... Yes. We are distantly related. But nope. He's not my father-in-law as so many assume!)

So, thanks Mitt. Here's to you.

13 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

Ya luck-bum! I say move it to Utah and we'll all help you eat it!

Tricia Romney said...

Wow Marse, Don't eat it all at once. Enjoy the treat. When you move to Utah the Mitt thing isn't as bad, but everyone knows are Romney and asks if you are related to them. I am sorry to hear about Sam, but so excited to you guys.

Tricia

Em Russ said...

OOOhhh!! Thanks Rogus Family! Maybe we'll have to come help you out with that! I'm sure we could help put a dent in it before the move! I'm wondering where the Rogus family hails from...

Johnny wants to add that you should hope the Boston Globe doesn't read your blog and find out that the Romney's are stealing from each other. (though it's technically not stealing if it was mailed to you, I think!!)

Em Russ said...

uhmmm... one more thought. Hope that the Rogus family are really Mitt fans... what if the chocolate is spiked or something!!

Janice said...

That is classic! I honestley never realized all of the similarities until now. I am sure this time of year is very interesting for matt and your fam...maybe its good you are heading to Salt lake :) Too funny though, I say enjoy it!!

Boston Paynes said...

That is hillarious !!! I never thought about you guys getting confused for the other Romney family, but I guess it makes sense. I hope you enjoy every single last little bit of that chocolate bar !!

MaryM said...

Hi Marse! Ti says, never fear, it makes great chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy!

MaryM said...

Hi Marse! Ti says, never fear, it makes great chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy!

Triz said...

That is too much. That's funny. My question is....why would someone send Mitt a 5 pound chocolate bar in support of his campaign? Did they really think he'd eat it? My guess is that he'd prefer the money over 8 billion calories and 3.5 hours it would take to eat it. Just guessing though.

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

that is too funny! :)

Evan said...

I love it. Got to love the die hards (like my wife). I would really like to hear more of these stories on what people send, both for and against. I am sure there are some good ones. -Ev
ps-I have been telling people lately I am a close cousin of the Romney's, a favorite in fact.

Tiffany J said...

Ok that's HILARIOUS! Enjoy it!!

Lisa Michelle said...

Bark, I just got your email and came to check for an update... but nothing's here! Still waiting... :)