Two things.
1 - Need to buy a new carseat since our little tiny baby ain't so tiny (aka I can't really pretend that he fits in his infant carrier anymore). Any suggestions / What do you use?
2 - How do you get your kids to clean up after themselves? Rules? Consequences? Regular clean up time each day? Looking for ideas...
4 comments:
ok. so I don't know if you'll want to take my advice since I was responsible for the first car seat but... Abby & Zack have the Alpha and Omega car seat and I like it LOTS better than the other one (which I thought I really liked until we got this one.)
can't help you on the cleaning up. send them to preschool?? ;) that's helped Lila (so that must mean that I'm a disaster as a mom!!) :)
The only thing that we have gotten to work on the cleaning thing is regularity. They always have to clear their dishes. We clean up at the end of each playdate, etc.
If we are good at scheduling some cleaning time, they eventually learn to pitch in. (And if the older ones clean, the younger ones want to do it.)
If we don't schedule cleaning time, then we are the ones that are always doing it...
1) We have the Britax Marathon for Claire and plan to get the same for Ethan. We anticipate that he will need it before he turns 1 and it can be rear facing. A great website that always has them on sale is www.travelingtikes.com and the britax.com website has great videos that show installation, etc.
2) I have Claire "help" me before naptime and bedtime to clean up. It doesn't always work but we at least try as part of our daily routine.
She also has some of her mom's OCD tendencies which seems to help because certain things have to go in certain places. :)
1) I love my carseat it's a Graco but I don't know the actual name...it's SO light and it's one that lasts through till carseats are no more.
2) I have to make it a game. Brady loves games. So we put the block bin further away and try to "shoot baskets" and then he thinks it's fun. I usually say 'first pick up ________ then you can have _______' if he doesn't do it he doesn't get what he wants. It was hard in the beginning but he came around....life is so much easier!
Post a Comment