My mom's chicken noodle soup. SO GOOD.
Recipe -
Mary's Chicken Noodle Soup
1 large can chicken broth
1 bag of whole wheat (or blend) noodles
carrots
celery
onion
chicken, cooked and cubed
poultry seasoning
salt and pepper
1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile chop a bunch of carrots, celery, and onion. (Should be about 1/3 each onion, celery, and carrot. I like lots of veggies, so I use 4ish large carrots, a whole stalk of celery, and a large onion.). Place in large pot with some water and boil / steam veggies until soft.
3. Add full can of chicken broth and as much water as you want the consistency of your soup.
4. Add chicken and noodles. Shake in LOTS of poultry seasoning (if measured, might be a tablespoon or two) and some salt and pepper to taste.
5. Enjoy.
This is really soul-satisfying food - and good for you. No fat. Whole grains. And lots of veggies.
Last time my mom was here, she made a batch and I pureed some for Zack. He LOVES it! So, I made a giant pot of it the following week, and pureed a bunch. He loves it plain, mixed with any vegetable, etc. I love knowing he's getting good food AND that it's food that we eat regularly (so hopefully he will be a good eater unlike his brother.).
No comments:
Post a Comment