Here's the scene. Grocery shopping done. Groceries loaded into back of van. Boys loaded into car seats. I have just returned my shopping cart and am standing at the rear of my van.There is a car pulling into the spot next to the driver's side, so I am waiting for the car to pull in so I can get into my van and leave.
Except for one little glitch.
The car hits my van.
Yes. You read that correctly. With me standing RIGHT THERE, the car hit my rear bumper as it was pulling into the parking spot. I was a bit speechless. I soon regained that function.
Lady exits car.
Me: "Hi."
Lady, looking pleasantly surprised by my friendliness, flashes a big smile: "Oh, hello."
Me: "Ummmm... you just hit my van."
Lady, more surprised : "Oh I did?"
Me, wondering just how clueless this woman is (she really didn't FEEL the contact or HEAR the screech??? Give me a break...): "YES."
Lady: "Oh."
Me: "Right here." and I point to the nice new scratches on my bumper.
Lady, with passionate sincerity: "Oh, I am SOOOOOOOO sorry."
...and then she turns to go into the grocery store.
I'm thinking... you have GOT to be kidding me!!!
Me, mad now: "So, wait. You just hit my van. Could I get your information?"
Lady, looking a bit startled: "Oooooooh. Well, I guess so."
Unbelievable.
If it's not already clear, I'm pretty sure this woman was a few cards short of a full deck. As I was finally pulling away to leave, I noticed that her car's sunroof was wide open.
It was snowing.
7 comments:
Wheel is turing, but hamster is definitely dead.
i am so sorry. what an idiot!!!! i would have been fuming that she tried to pretend it didn't happen. good thing you were standing there or she would have bolted!
p.s. thanks for sending the bag info and sorry i didn't get to talk to you more last night, but i'm so glad you came! i hope you had fun.
That's exactly what happened to my husband at the bank. The girl denied everything...she didn't realize she was dealing with a cop! ha ha What kills me is the sunroof and the snow...at least you know she wasn't trying to get out of it on purpose...
Nice!
Speechless. Can't. Believe. It. Crazy.
You'll be telling this one for YEARS to come... just glad no one got hurt!! Crazy lady...!!
lol! that last part about the sunroof just took the cake!
Post a Comment