Sunday, January 24, 2010

ARG

Just found out that certain brands of TACO SEASONING like this one that I stocked up on when they were on sale in September...

have MILK in them in the form of whey.

INGREDIENTS:
SPICES (INCLUDING CHILI PEPPER, CUMIN, OREGANO, AND RED PEPPER), ONION, WHEY SOLIDS (MILK), SALT, SUGAR, PAPRIKA, GARLIC, POTATO STARCH, AND CITRIC ACID.

I forget sometimes to read ingredients lists on items that should NOT have dairy in them! (Like deli meat... yep. in the form of lactic acid or sodium lactate). ARG.

No wonder this little monkey has felt a little more like this lately.

3 comments:

MaryM said...

I just wannna hug that little man. When are you coming so I can feed him for a while?

EmmaLee said...

Marci, you are such an amazing mom. I keep telling people that I would rather have all my kids be born with cleft lip and palates that have to worry about food allergies. They just seem so much more stressful on a day to day basis.

reggstyl said...

I'm glad you figured that out...who knew? Good luck continuing to check labels.