
My sweet neighbor, Erika, gave me this cookbook for my birthday. I'm pretty sure I blogged about this before, but it's fabulous.
I tried the brownie recipe last night and it was DELICIOUS! Zack can eat them too! Really, you should make them. The batter is really thick, so you don't think they will turn out, but they do. The texture is right and they are chocolately yummy delicious. Plus... they have to be better for you than the regular recipe, right?
Here's the recipe (recipe and photo credit to www.foodallergymama.com - or just click the link)
Brownies
½ c. dairy free shortening
1 c. granulated sugar
½ c. silken tofu
1 tsp. vanilla
2/3 c. unbleached all purpose flour
½ c. cocoa
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
½ c. dairy free mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8 inch square baking dish coated with dairy free baking spray.
In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine shortening, sugar, tofu and vanilla thoroughly. In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt with a wire whisk. Add to the shortening mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
Spread batter into prepared baking pan and bake 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool completely and dust with confectioner’s sugar.
Yield: 16 bars
Now, when I gave them to Zack (his FIRST brownies ever!), I have to admit to being overly sappy about the whole thing. And I documented it. From the first "here ya go" to the last smile.






2 comments:
Will you send the Z-man to Indiana to visit me? (You can pack some brownies too...)
Can't imagine a life without brownies. Zack's lucky to have you to be his Sherlock Holmes food dectective.
Post a Comment