Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sam's New Scripture Bag

Sam inherited (read found on the floor and claimed as his own) an old Book of Mormon from Matt. He really wanted a scripture bag like some of the other kids who go to church with us. So, I made him one yesterday. I think it turned out so cute!

I used navy duck cloth and this flannel with cartoon-y missionaries, letters, and etc all over it. I put his name on the bottom right of one side of the bag (above) and a huge pocket on the other side (below). Inside there is a huge pocket made out of duckcloth too - mostly to keep the flannel from sticking together. It's just wide enough to hold a regular piece of paper and plenty big for his Book of Mormon.
And once I started taking pics, Zack needed to be in on the action too (hording cars and trains in his hands of course). Here are these cute brothers.

5 comments:

JasPam said...

Marse, you are an exceptional "bag lady". I love all the bags you have made, those you are making, and those you will yet make! When my children were small, I liked creating bags, but have gotten out of the business. Glad you're taking over!

MaryM said...

Lucky little boy!
You are certainly getting plenty of mileage out of that sewing machine! Amazes me!

Danette said...

I love the age when kids hold every possible toy in their hands and hold them against their chest just to squeeze in more. That's exactly what Aaron does right now. Two-- one in each hand-- is not enough. He needs at least seven. :)

Kam said...

AWESOME bag! He looks sooooo excited about it. LOVE it!! Oh, and that last pic of the two boys together is just sooo cute to me. The tossled hair on little Z is too much, too adorable!

MaryM said...

Sam doesn't have to bend his head down very far to be the same height as Zack.