Friday, September 10, 2010

Grocery Shopping $100 goal

I have decided to live within a $100 per week grocery and household shopping budget. For some of you, that's a lot. For some of you, that seems impossible. For me, it's a challenge, but doable.

I'm getting really into couponing and scouring the weekly ads for deals. This entails going to multiple stores each week... but I can handle that right now.

To help keep me commited to my goal (and accountable to someone!), I'm going to post my weekly expenditures on here.

So, here's this week. Amounts are what I actually paid. Some in pictures, and some not pictured.

Walgreens: $0.82 for 2 small pkg oreos
Rite Aid: $1.71 for 2 bottles kids vitamins
Reams: $10.17 - last minute change of dinner plans purchase (which is partly to blame for being over budget...)
Smith's: $56.70 (case lot sale! 40lbs flour, case of chicken broth, brownie mixes, cake mixes, canned veggies and some random groceries)
Target: $0.78 for three Fage yogurts (LOVE THIS STUFF)
Fresh Market: $26.94 for all this!!! Best deals were Gma Sycamore bread 4/$5, Yoplait yogurt ended up being $0.20 each, red and yellow potatoes were 0.69/lb, peaches and grapes were both $0.88 / lb, and the Post cereal after coupons were $0.62 per box! (Not included in this picture are the Tillamook cheese and bag of baby carrots that I had misplaced when taking this pic... So imagine a 1lb bag of baby carrots and a 2lb block of cheese too!)
Harmons: $10.48. That's right... $1 per box of cereal / granola bars. Can we say $0.10 per person for preschool snacks???
Dan's: $6.65. Look at all these apples. $0.77 / lb! Apple crisp, apple pie, apple everything here we come...
I think I have gone to every possible store around me. It feels that way anyway! Now, I'm off for a snack of fresh peaches in fage yogurt drizzled with honey. YUM.

Total this week: $114.25.
Don't judge me. It's my first week... :)

3 comments:

Tiffany J said...

Good for you! I started doing a Costco trip the beginning of each month and $50 per week for things that go quicker like eggs, milk, etc. Coupons rock!

lesley said...

A good "couponing" in Utah tip....when it comes to meat, since there aren't coupons for that...There's a grocery store called Buy Low Market in Provo. Go online, print their ad, and take it to walmart to price match for their meat on sale. They really have some great steals.

MaryM said...

I keep waiting for chicken broth to come down in price. How much did you find it for?