Allow me to reminisce...
BOSTON.
I took a couple hours off of work, took the T and met Matt downtown.
In typical Boston fashion, there was no parking, limited seating and we had to wait outside in this line in the FREEZING cold for about 45 minutes.
All Matt had on was his suit...
But, then we got to go into this beautiful historic building...
And all the attorney-to-be were seated here...
...where Matt listened intently and even took notes! (Actually, that's him reading Tom Clancy...)
Here's us after Matt was sworn in almost four years ago...
Now, fast forward a bit to...
SALT LAKE.
I woke up my 6 month old baby from his nap, packed us all in the van and drove around and around the Salt Palace looking for parking until my father in law saved me (THANKS!). We made it to the swearing in only a little bit late...
Although this may be a bit scary to some of you, all of the above were sworn in to be OFFICIAL attorneys in this fair state just a few days ago. And yep. Our good friend and one of Matt's law school buddies "Lovey" Olson was one of them too.
With my two kids in tow. This is Sam's "smile". They were really good and patient for the whole ordeal. Sam ate his lunch and Z played with toys while the short ceremony concluded.
Our fam after Matt was made official. We celebrated by going to Crown Burger and talking my father in law into having regular game nights. Only those who know him realize what a raging success that is...Congrats Matt. Here's to one foxy and wicked smahhhhht (and now officially legit) Utah barrister. ILY.
8 comments:
Congrats! I wish we had a picture from Robb's swearing in...neither of us had any idea what a big deal it was. Luckily I decided at the last minute to dress up a bit and I think I talked Robb into wearing a suit that morning. We'll know better next time, although hopefully we won't be moving any time soon. Congratulations again, such a huge accomplishment!
Congrats Matt!! (sing this part to - oh, whatever tune that is... I forget...!) "Oh, you are a beb -- beb beb! Beb beb! Oh you are a beb -- beb beb! Beb beb!"
Congratulations Matt!!
congratulations matt!
Congrats Matt. Nice bangs Marci.
Congratulations Matt! Only 48 more states to go. -Mom and Dad
Congrats Matt. I knew that they'd let you into the Utah bar even without being able to rely on the power of the Romney name which came in so handy here in MA. Just to think, in two more months I'll be able to waive into Utah without having to take the Utah Bar exam, he he he. That is, if we ever decide to move back to Utah.
woooooooo wo woooooooooooooo.
Post a Comment