
Tomorrow morning, I'm taking Sam to Primary Children's for an esophagram and a swallowing study to determine the extent of dysphagia. Yep. Sam's swallowing issues (and eating issues in general) are about to be officially medically addressed.
Now, will anyone tell me how to get a 2 year old to swallow barium? or to hold still for multiple x-rays for that matter? Wish me luck...
6 comments:
wow!! Good luck with that! (miss you guys!)
good luck. As many x-rays, CT scans, and MRIs that Samantha has, I have to say, I have no tricks for you. letting me go in with her helped out, but i'm not sure they'll let you do that. Anyway, good luck once again. Anxiously waiting to hear how it goes!
Hope all goes well with that fun DR.'s trip! Make sure to bring a book and if you can go in with him read it to him...maybe that might help calm him down and prevent some wiggles??
i am dying to hear how the Barium swallowing went!! i don't know exactly what it is, but it sounds like it might be the one thing even my girls would turn their noses up at :)
Marci! This is my specialty! To be honest with you, most kids are horrible when doing a barium study. I think mostly because they don't know what to expect and because the barium is pretty nasty tasting. But some kids do really well, you never know. Where I worked, we would mix in Nestle Quik with the barium to try to trick them it was just chocolate milk. If he likes chocolate milk maybe take some with you and see if they will let you use it. They usually will let a parent in the room, especially with him being so young. Good luck!
okay, so I just realized that the test is probably already over. So how did he do?
Post a Comment