Sunday, August 31, 2008

Random Thoughts

Thought #1 - "Two Kids and a Camera"

Now that I have two kids, I never take pics. Well, not never. But hardly ever. I imagine I'll be better once Z is a bit older and a bit more able to be on his own. These days, anywhere I go, I always think, "Do I REALLY want to lug this thing around with me???" The answer is usually no.

Thought #2 - "Booty Camp with no Desserts is Impossible"

Leese and I have started Booty Camp. Details have yet to be defined, but we have gone off dessert... of sorts. I had to allow fruit popsicles and reduced cal fudgsicles. And maybe one dessert day a week. Hmmmm... How strong am I? (Read: How addicted to sugar am I?)

Thought #3 - "I love my sisters"

Yep. Lindz too, although this goes mostly for Leese and Bel. I love that Bel called me on Friday at 4ish and said she was coming up to spend the night and hang out with us on Saturday. Three cheers for Bel. I LOVE when Bel comes up. And seeing Leese at random things like Thanksgiving Point and Kangaroo Zoo (pics to come) is the best.

Thought #4 - "Line Upon Line"

I love this card website for you mormies. (Thanks Leese). www.lineuponlinecards.com. Check it out. One of my favorites reads: "How are you? How's your family doing? Is there anything I can do for you?" and the inside reads: "Consider yourself visit taught. See you next month!"

5 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

Boom Baby!! Sisters are the best.

ps - I discovered Root Beer Float popsicles. AWESOME.

Melissa said...

yes, yes, i'm awesome.

ps- do skinny cows count in your booty camp list of forbidden items? if not, i highly reccommend them. consider this an answer to your other post of potential dinner meals.

Lisa Michelle said...

good one, Mel. I highly agree. Not only are you awesome, but Skinny Cows should always count as an acceptable dinner substitute.

Jenny said...

Yeah, poor Callie. She's getting cuter and cuter and there is no documentation of it whatsoever. Her scrapbook is pathetic compared to Sammy's. Great. I'm making the adopted child feel more different! Got to get working on that!

Anne Steenblik said...

Yes.